Embrace Legal Ops the easy way
More and more legal departments are embracing the benefits
of a disciplined approach to legal department operations to drive greater efficiencies,
and empower in-house attorneys to spend more time on the
actual practice of law.
LawVu has everything you need to master legal operations in one simple package.
What are Legal Operations?
According to the newly formed Corporate Legal Operations Consortium (CLOC) “Legal operations is a multi-disciplinary function that optimizes legal services delivery to a business or government entity by focusing on twelve core competencies”
Are you ready to transform your legal department into a highly efficient business unit?
You have 2 choices:
Become a technologist. Research best of breed solutions for everything from matter management, to information management, messaging, collaboration, analytics and e-billing, then figure out how to get them all talking to each other in simple, easy to train and maintain way.
Get LawVu. LawVu does all that an more. Training and onboarding takes minutes.
The 12 Core Legal Operations Competencies
LawVu is Legal Operations software built from the ground up to embody ALL of CLOC’s 12 core competencies.
- Strategic Planning: Create a long-term strategy, aligning yearly goals and corresponding metrics.
- Financial Management: Manage the departmental budget. Track accruals and forecasting. Work with Finance to identify spending trends, potential cost savings and efficiency opportunities.
- Vendor Management: Create a vendor management program to insure quality outside counsel support at the right rates and under optimal fee arrangements. Hold regular business reviews. Negotiate fee agreements. Drive governance of billing guidelines.
- Data Analytics: Collect and analyze relevant data from department tools and industry sources, define objectives to provide metrics and dashboards, that drive efficiencies and optimize spend, etc.
- Technology Support: Create a long-term technology roadmap including tools such as e-billing/matter management, contract management, content management, IP management, business process management, e-signature, board management, compliance management, legal hold, subsidiary management, etc.
- Alternative Support Models: Drive departmental efficiency by leveraging managed services, LPOs, and other service providers.
- Knowledge Management: Enable efficiencies by creating seamless access to legal & department institutional knowledge through the organization and centralization of key templates, policies, processes, memos, and other learnings.
- Professional Development and Team Building: Deliver improved GC Staff and overall team performance by globalizing the team and creating a culture of growth, development, collaboration and accountability.
- Communications: Work collaboratively across the legal ecosystem to create consistent global processes, from on boarding to complex project management support. Publish regular departmental communications, plan and execute all-hands.
- Global Data Governance / Records Management: Create a records management program including a record retention schedule, policies and processes.
- Litigation Support: Support e-discovery, legal hold, document review.
- Cross-Functional Alignment: Create and drive relationships with other key company functions, such as HR, IT, Finance and Workplace Resources.