PwC today (May 8 2019) announced that it has entered into an agreement with legal technology provider LawVu to help corporates better address their legal operations challenges.
Under the arrangements, PwC’s NewLaw teams in Australia and the UK will work with LawVu to implement the LawVu platform, a tool which allows legal departments to more effectively manage their operations and analyse data, ultimately enabling better resourcing decisions and increased value for the companies they serve.
Head of PwC Australia’s NewLaw team Mick Sheehy said: “We are very excited to work with LawVu and to embed its operating system with our clients.
“In-house legal departments are under increasing pressure as they face a rapidly changing market at the same time that resources are being squeezed. PwC’s NewLaw is helping them transform by looking to greater efficiencies and adding new value through the use of data. LawVu is a key technology platform which will enable us to deliver these outcomes.”
Jason McQuillen, a Partner in the PwC UK NewLaw team said: “Legal operations platforms like LawVu are a critical part of the broader legal tech ecosystem for a fully digitised legal function. We are finding that our clients are looking for a single view of their function across matter management, spend management and the like, and LawVu allows them to do that.”
CEO of LawVu Sam Kidd said of the agreement: “LawVu is delighted to be working with PwC in Australia and the UK and bring our legal operations platform to its NewLaw clients as we work together to transform their legal departments into modern, data driven centres of legal excellence.”
- What have legal departments learned from the recent pandemic?
- Empower your legal team to work from home.
- Working remotely in 2020
- Legal Department Metrics
- PwC NewLaw Partner explains why they partnered with LawVu
- A new historical business divide
- Major UI update to the LawVu Platform
- Capital injection cements international growth for legal tech company, LawVu
- PwC collaborates with LawVu to lead legal department transformation
- LexisNexis® announces new partner solution LawVu