Software Engineer – AI Team
As a Software Engineer in our AI team at LawVu, you will be a key member of our expanding team, helping us to use AI for legal operations.
You will be responsible for building and maintaining the infrastructure, frameworks and APIs for serving our machine learning algorithms results to our customers.
Internally you will work directly in a team with legal subject matter experts and data scientists, building out the core of our AI engine(s). Your day-to-day will involve building frameworks and APIs for serving our machine learning models, and building and maintaining the cloud infrastructure for hosting those models in our multi-tenanted multi-region production environments. From time-to-time you may need to move data around safely for model training and prediction purposes, and you’ll work closely with our data engineers to achieve this.
This role is remote, we are happy to consider candidates who work from home or co-working spaces, anywhere in New Zealand. Candidates are also welcome to work in our Tauranga office.
- Work closely with the team to understand the requirements for our models – how they integrate with our front end, latency, multi-region and multi-tenant architecture, cost-effectiveness, and ease of deployment into production.
- Build and maintain infrastructure in the cloud, and APIs (using preferably python), for our ML models.
- Work with the data scientists to make it as simple as possible to deploy models – both hosting new models and replacing existing ones with no downtime.
- Work with data engineers to move data to and from our ML models.
- Work with other software engineers in the business to integrate our APIs into our core application.
- Keep up to date with new developments in ML Ops and cloud and propose ways we can leverage them for our customers.
Skills and Experience
- 2+ years experience in software engineering
- Excellent python skills
- Prior experience with cloud technologies and infrastructure-as-code would be an advantage
- Prior experience with analytics and data warehouse technology would be an advantage
- Great written and verbal communication skills
About LawVu & our culture
LawVu is a modern software platform that is revolutionizing the way corporate legal teams manage legal and engage with the wider business. LawVu is creating a true legal operating system. We’re helping in-house legal teams to reduce risk while providing massive productivity gains along with cloud technology to share and collaborate on files. We have both clients and staff around the world so if you enjoy working in a fast based entrepreneurial environment then you are the person we are looking for.
Our team is only as strong as the culture it is built upon. Our core values are listed below.
If our core values resonate with you and have the skills and desire to get your teeth stuck into a real challenge then we would love to welcome you to the team.
LawVu was founded to bring greater honesty and integrity to the legal industry – so it makes sense that we ourselves, are good, honest people. We believe in staying humble, and realise that we all have a lot to learn, no matter who we are. We believe in acknowledging others and giving credit where it’s due. Find the “truth” Listen carefully Question intently Connect with empathy Be honest and transparent.
Challenge each other. Respectfully.
Back yourself. Back others.
At LawVu, we are inspired by ‘impossibilities’. To make the ‘impossible’ a reality, each and every one of us must think like a problem solver – erasing the word ‘can’t’ from our minds. There is always a way to overcome challenges and we won’t rest until we’ve found it. If we can’t find the right path, that’s when it’s time to build a new one. Trust in our individual expertise. Grab opportunities. Embrace challenges. Mistakes happen. Own them. Learn from them, spread the knowledge. Be truthful. Be helpful. Be kind. Celebrate your successes.
We are a tribe, we win as a team.
Move swiftly. Create simplicity.
To reach our full potential it is vital that every team member own their actions. To own your actions is to embrace responsibility, show leadership and take initiative. To ‘put our name on it’ is also to take pride in everything we do – from our results to our customer service and quality of solutions. Do the things that matter most. Be fluid and flexible If you can solve a problem, solve it now. Optimise the important.
Design for scalability.
Bring your whole self.
We are passionate about what we do and we work hard to deliver results. In saying that, we are serious about striking a healthy work/life balance. We know that our work improves as a result of feeling content both inside and out of the office and encourage the team to work the hours that suit their situation. We also believe flexibility and fresh thinking hold the key to future growth. It is up to each of us to champion new ideas and approach change with an open mind.
Bring your personality Bring your quirks. Bring your diversity. Bring your smile. Enjoy the adventure.