Senior Software Engineer
LawVu is transforming the legal industry by providing the world’s leading and most loved platform for in-house legal teams.
Our aim is to make the lives of in-house legal teams and their business partners more productive and fulfilling. We are well on the way with some of the world’s leading global brands and best in-house legal teams already operating on LawVu.
Growing rapidly, LawVu is headquartered in sunny Tauranga, New Zealand with a new office in Wellington New Zealand. We have teams in Australia, the USA and Ireland. Our culture is strongly aligned with our values where we look for people to bring their whole selves and join a team doing the best work of their lives.
LawVu’s Product & Engineering team is looking for a Senior Front End Engineer, who takes pride in creating beautiful solutions that can move as fast as the startup that creates them. We are looking for a motivated, passionate individual who takes pride in their work and writes elegant, maintainable code that others find a pleasure to work with.
As a Senior Front End Engineer at LawVu you’ll be expected to think ahead, design for change and build robust solutions. You’ll bring your experience and expertise to the team while also taking on board the expertise and experience of others to further improve yourself.
In this role you will work closely with the rest of the Product & Engineering team to take our front end to the next level and enable the rapid scale up and change tolerance that is required for this high growth phase.
What you’ll do
- Be awesome
- Design, build and maintain our front end applications
- Ensure our application is secure by design and by default
- Ensure our application is stable, scalable and future proof
- Work closely with the Product, Back End and Data & Analytics teams
- Work in an Agile environment
What you’ll bring
- A university qualification in a computer science discipline
- Experience with a modern front end framework, preferably Angular.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral
- A keen eye for design
- Strong SCSS & HTML5 skills
- Experience with unit test frameworks and best practices
- Experience with the following would be beneficial
- Maintaining NPM libraries
- Kendo UI Grid
- Agile development methodologies
What sets us apart:
- Monthly wellness allowance to use on whatever enables you to bring your whole self to work – gym membership, massage, childcare.. the list goes on!
- Health insurance cover
- Extended paid parental leave
- Extra paid day off on your birthday
- Share options so you can have a piece of the pie
- Home office allowance set up for remote employees
We have offices in Tauranga and Wellington but we are a remote-first company and any New Zealand location will be considered.
About LawVu & our culture
LawVu is a modern software platform that is revolutionizing the way corporate legal teams manage legal and engage with the wider business. LawVu is creating a true legal operating system. We’re helping in-house legal teams to reduce risk while providing massive productivity gains along with cloud technology to share and collaborate on files. We have both clients and staff around the world so if you enjoy working in a fast based entrepreneurial environment then you are the person we are looking for.
Our team is only as strong as the culture it is built upon. Our core values are listed below.
If our core values resonate with you and have the skills and desire to get your teeth stuck into a real challenge then we would love to welcome you to the team.