Senior Salesforce Engineer
LawVu is transforming the legal industry by providing the world’s leading and most loved platform for in-house legal teams.
Our aim is to make the lives of in-house legal teams and their business partners more productive and fulfilling. We are well on the way with some of the world’s leading global brands and best in-house legal teams already operating on LawVu.
Growing rapidly, LawVu is headquartered in sunny Tauranga, New Zealand with teams in Australia, the USA and Ireland. Our culture is strongly aligned with our values where we look for people to bring their whole selves and join a team doing the best work of their lives.
You will technically lead the Salesforce team to define, design, implement, support, enhance the go-to-market engine that will power LawVu on it’s hyper-growth journey over the coming years.
In this role, you will be working closely with our Salesforce Platform Product Owner, and our Marketing, Revenue/Sales Operations, and Customer Success teams to understand business objectives, outcomes and processes, to then translate these into system deliverables that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of those teams.
We need an exceptional Senior Salesforce Engineer who can deliver on needs today, think of how the business and the supporting systems will scale in the future, and deliver outcomes in a manner that enables that scale. Deep technical knowledge and understanding across a number of Salesforce clouds will drive the delivery of high-quality scalable technical solutions in a high growth fast-paced environment.
You will have extensive experience and deep technical knowledge across Salesforces core cloud capabilities of Sales and Service and have had exposure / experience with Marketing, Analytics and Community products. You will be a delivery-oriented problem solver who can challenge the business, collaboratively design solutions and deliver real benefit for the go-to-market teams.
We are looking for a hands-on Senior / Lead Engineer who can help define and build our Salesforce platform and Team, ensuring it scales and helps drive our aspirational business growth for the years to come.
The Senior / Lead Salesforce Engineer will have diverse responsibilities primarily focused on delivering the technical solutions that drive the achievement of our go to market business goals. In addition, the role will define and implement the technical foundations of the Salesforce platform ensuring coding, release and operational platform standards are in place that helps speed delivery, solutions are scalable and designed with the future in mind, with high levels of automation and intelligence baked in as appropriate. The role will be critical in helping build and scale the Salesforce Team as we add capability.
- Work closely with the Salesforce Platform Product Owner and key Business stakeholders to define, design, build, implement, run and enhance the core go to market technical solutions.
- Challenge and refine business requirements trading off functionality for delivery speed and scalability of solutions.
- Design and put in place the foundational elements of the Salesforce platform including best practices across solution build/delivery principles, coding/build standards, security, release management and operational capacity planning.
- Input into and own the Salesforce platform roadmap from a technology perspective, working with the Salesforce Platform Product Owner, key Business stakeholders and Salesforce themselves to ensure the platform is delivering ahead of business need.
- Development / build activities will range from functional elements and workflows, UI experiences, custom code / apps, events/triggers, components, integrations, and reports/dashboards.
- Definition and implementation of developer unit testing practices and requirements.
- Engage and align deliverables and solutions with the broader technology teams at LawVu, ensuring relevant standards are adhered to, i.e. security compliance, development standards.
- Provide thought leadership and direction on systems capability and roadmaps, translating this into ways to deliver more value for the business.
- Build a collaborative, delivery-oriented team environment.
A typical day may include
- Working with key business stakeholders to understand an opportunity / problem.
- Designing/prototyping solutions to take advantage of an opportunity / resolve a problem.
- Planning technical delivery with Product Owner, technical teams, and design teams.
- Negotiating delivery timeframes and change efforts with business stakeholders.
- Managing the day-to-day design, build, test, and delivery activities across the Salesforce platform.
- Building, running, and enhancing the solutions, where necessary resolving existing challenges/issues.
- Design and code reviews, input into team members technical proficiency and growth.
- Thinking about and designing the future of the Salesforce Platform and the team capabilities to deliver on that.
At LawVu we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer the opportunity to get onboard a growth company early and the opportunity to participate in LawVu’s success through our incentive scheme. LawVu has rapidly expanding offices and our work environment encourages continuous improvement and future career development.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables us to better understand and serve customers and innovate successfully. From the moment you join, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
About LawVu & our culture
LawVu is a modern software platform that is revolutionizing the way corporate legal teams manage legal and engage with the wider business. LawVu is creating a true legal operating system. We’re helping in-house legal teams to reduce risk while providing massive productivity gains along with cloud technology to share and collaborate on files. We have both clients and staff around the world so if you enjoy working in a fast based entrepreneurial environment then you are the person we are looking for.
Our team is only as strong as the culture it is built upon. Our core values are listed below.
If our core values resonate with you and have the skills and desire to get your teeth stuck into a real challenge then we would love to welcome you to the team.
LawVu was founded to bring greater honesty and integrity to the legal industry – so it makes sense that we ourselves, are good, honest people. We believe in staying humble, and realise that we all have a lot to learn, no matter who we are. We believe in acknowledging others and giving credit where it’s due. Find the “truth” Listen carefully Question intently Connect with empathy Be honest and transparent.
Challenge each other. Respectfully.
Back yourself. Back others.
At LawVu, we are inspired by ‘impossibilities’. To make the ‘impossible’ a reality, each and every one of us must think like a problem solver – erasing the word ‘can’t’ from our minds. There is always a way to overcome challenges and we won’t rest until we’ve found it. If we can’t find the right path, that’s when it’s time to build a new one. Trust in our individual expertise. Grab opportunities. Embrace challenges. Mistakes happen. Own them. Learn from them, spread the knowledge. Be truthful. Be helpful. Be kind. Celebrate your successes.
We are a tribe, we win as a team.
Move swiftly. Create simplicity.
To reach our full potential it is vital that every team member own their actions. To own your actions is to embrace responsibility, show leadership and take initiative. To ‘put our name on it’ is also to take pride in everything we do – from our results to our customer service and quality of solutions. Do the things that matter most. Be fluid and flexible If you can solve a problem, solve it now. Optimise the important.
Design for scalability.
Bring your whole self.
We are passionate about what we do and we work hard to deliver results. In saying that, we are serious about striking a healthy work/life balance. We know that our work improves as a result of feeling content both inside and out of the office and encourage the team to work the hours that suit their situation. We also believe flexibility and fresh thinking hold the key to future growth. It is up to each of us to champion new ideas and approach change with an open mind.
Bring your personality Bring your quirks. Bring your diversity. Bring your smile. Enjoy the adventure.