Senior Account Manager – US
We are looking for highly talented and passionate individuals who can effectively leverage existing key customer relationships and stakeholders to upsell and cross-sell new and existing products in the LawVu workspace platform.
In your role as a Senior Account Manager, you’ll be responsible for driving new revenue through building and maintaining strong and lasting relationships with our customers.
Key to this role will be your ability to work in partnership with the existing Account Executives and Customer Success team to jointly share information on potential revenue growth opportunities. Critically, you’ll be focused on generating new revenue opportunities from existing customers, carrying a quota and managing these opportunities from creation to closed won. On a day to day basis you will be working with key LawVu customer accounts and stakeholders focusing on the growth of their existing user base and/or the adoption of additional LawVu modules. Through the identification of new client projects, you’ll work to increase each client’s “share of wallet”; for instance, the onboarding of new regions, teams or user groups, and/or the adoption of additional features, modules, reporting suites, and add-on services.
Account Mapping and Targeting
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with Customer Champion and other key individuals in each customer’s organization.
- Map out expansion opportunities within existing customer and network effect to other customers.
- Communicate with Customer Success Managers (CSMs) to track clients throughout their lifecycle, identifying product subscription gaps and growth opportunities.
- Proactively manage the client portfolio, prioritising check-ins, reviews and expansion discussions based on their stage in adoption and health score.
- Where clients have realised “first value”, prepare, manage and communicate a clear, timed expansion strategy for additional users, modules and features.
- Work with sales and CS to establish “current vs potential” revenue. Coordinate efforts to increase a customer’s share of wallet.
- Map and appropriately engage key client stakeholders at senior leadership and C-Suite level, obtaining buy-in from decision makers and influencers across an organisation.
- Working with Marketing, define and drive targeted campaigns into the customer portfolio.
- Manage and maintain and record all sales activities in Salesforce, Outreach and associated tools.
Upsell and Cross-sell growth
- Leverage relationships and product functionality to increase sales at existing customers.
- With a hybrid hunter/farmer mentality, seek and nurture new opportunities within national and global enterprise organisations. Identify up-sell and cross-sell opportunities, seeking to continually grow annual recurring revenue per account.
- Nurture relationships with existing touch points (system owners, original buyer etc.) and build relationships with other, new stakeholders/potential buyers, within untapped departments, regions and/or territories.
- Communicate the benefits, impact and outcomes obtained within an existing account/department, to new audiences within the same organisation.
- Coach and equip “customer-challenger” champions and mobilizers, helping them drive new buying consensus among their own buying groups.
- Prepare and educate customers on additional modules and features, and forthcoming product concepts, with revenue expansion in mind.
- Work with CSMs, project managers and implementation specialists; handing won opportunities and detailed requirements back to LawVu teams to initiate new projects/additional onboarding.
- Support implementation and customer success managers through mid-term contract and subscription negotiations.
- Work closely with other LawVu stakeholders, including Support & Product, to collate and action product feedback and escalate issues.
- Partner directly with the wider Customer Success team to implement and refine the Customer Success strategy.
- Develop and continually improve implementation and success processes, including active use of CRM and customer tracking tools.
- Build strong relationships with customers, cultivating heroes who have achieved success to advocate for LawVu. Work with Marketing to engage advocates.
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years previous experience in a business development and/or account management role
- Exceptional relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work in and as a part of an extended sales team
- Track record of upsell and client growth achievement
- 2+ years experience in managing complex enterprise sales cycles and projects
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholder relationships
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the legal industry, ways of working and common technology used.
- Strong time management and organisational skills, and the ability to multitask
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
About LawVu & our culture
LawVu is a modern software platform that is revolutionizing the way corporate legal teams manage legal and engage with the wider business. LawVu is creating a true legal operating system. We’re helping in-house legal teams to reduce risk while providing massive productivity gains along with cloud technology to share and collaborate on files. We have both clients and staff around the world so if you enjoy working in a fast based entrepreneurial environment then you are the person we are looking for.
Our team is only as strong as the culture it is built upon. Our core values are listed below.
If our core values resonate with you and have the skills and desire to get your teeth stuck into a real challenge then we would love to welcome you to the team.
LawVu was founded to bring greater honesty and integrity to the legal industry – so it makes sense that we ourselves, are good, honest people. We believe in staying humble, and realise that we all have a lot to learn, no matter who we are. We believe in acknowledging others and giving credit where it’s due. Find the “truth” Listen carefully Question intently Connect with empathy Be honest and transparent.
Challenge each other. Respectfully.
Back yourself. Back others.
At LawVu, we are inspired by ‘impossibilities’. To make the ‘impossible’ a reality, each and every one of us must think like a problem solver – erasing the word ‘can’t’ from our minds. There is always a way to overcome challenges and we won’t rest until we’ve found it. If we can’t find the right path, that’s when it’s time to build a new one. Trust in our individual expertise. Grab opportunities. Embrace challenges. Mistakes happen. Own them. Learn from them, spread the knowledge. Be truthful. Be helpful. Be kind. Celebrate your successes.
We are a tribe, we win as a team.
Move swiftly. Create simplicity.
To reach our full potential it is vital that every team member own their actions. To own your actions is to embrace responsibility, show leadership and take initiative. To ‘put our name on it’ is also to take pride in everything we do – from our results to our customer service and quality of solutions. Do the things that matter most. Be fluid and flexible If you can solve a problem, solve it now. Optimise the important.
Design for scalability.
Bring your whole self.
We are passionate about what we do and we work hard to deliver results. In saying that, we are serious about striking a healthy work/life balance. We know that our work improves as a result of feeling content both inside and out of the office and encourage the team to work the hours that suit their situation. We also believe flexibility and fresh thinking hold the key to future growth. It is up to each of us to champion new ideas and approach change with an open mind.
Bring your personality Bring your quirks. Bring your diversity. Bring your smile. Enjoy the adventure.