LawVu’s Product & Engineering team is looking for a Product Manager to come and join the team.
LawVu is transforming the legal industry by providing the world’s leading and most loved platform for in-house legal teams.
Our aim is to make the lives of in-house legal teams and their business partners more productive and fulfilling. We are well on the way with some of the world’s leading global brands and best in-house legal teams already operating on Lawvu.
Growing super fast, LawVu is headquartered in sunny Tauranga, New Zealand with teams in Australia, the USA and Ireland. Our culture is strongly values aligned where we look for people to bring their whole selves and join a team doing the best work of their lives.
Product Managers are responsible for the delivery and management of individual features and improvements within LawVu products.
Reporting to the VP of Product, your role involves working with teams throughout the full development lifecycle. In this role you will be responsible for taking an idea from research through to a fully launched feature and supporting it once available to users.
This role is highly collaborative, working with other members of the product team, designers, engineers, product marketing and other business teams to ensure the right things are built at the right time.
- Work closely with all stakeholders (Product Managers, Designers, Subject Matter Experts, Engineers, Product Marketing and Customers) to understand the priorities of the business with respect to product development
- Communicate on the status of work and recommendations before key decisions are made. The VP of Product is responsible for making the final decision on product direction where revenue, costs and product strategy are concerned
- Use research techniques to gain an understanding of problems and work with the various stakeholders to determine priorities for the business. Transform those problems into clearly documented requirements
- Help to bridge the gap between the business problem and the technical solution, specifically:
- Understanding the critical requirements of the solution
- Managing communication on scope and priorities for the project
- Expectation management.
- Work with the go-to-market teams to ensure that the features or projects are clearly understood and anticipated by the business. At times, this will involve providing training and documentation, and helping to coordinate delivery activity.
- Analyze the feasibility of ideas, and develop requirements for new features and enhancements, ensuring the solution fits the needs of the users and solves the identified problem
- Owning and maintaining the quality of the product areas you are responsible for, including all documentation relating to those areas
- Taking ownership of the features you deliver, tracking the performance and identifying opportunities for improvement or enhancement
- Have the highest awareness of the legal and security ramifications of the nature of our business, the data we manage is highly sensitive
- Contribute to a friendly, inclusive and collaborative team culture
- Understand and live the core values of the company
- You are expected to be involved with customers, users, Software Engineers, Design and QA personnel and other parts of the business to create requirements and proposed solutions and provide input into these processes (which may include, but are not limited to, ideation, algorithms, processes and feature design) which may produce intellectual property that belongs to LawVu
- You will be expected to be conducting research, analyzing product and user trends, deriving insights and creating product requirements (which may include, but are not limited to, processes, designs, and automation in the form of code, documentation or scripts) that is then incorporated into LawVu products, or the process of building products. This work may produce intellectual property that belongs to Lawvu.
Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field of study
Relevant work experience in business analysis and/or project management and/or product management in a product-focused software development company or the ICT industry.
About Lawvu & our Culture
LawVu is a modern software platform that is revolutionizing the way corporate legal teams manage legal and engage with the wider business. LawVu is creating a true legal operating system. We’re helping in-house legal teams to reduce risk while providing massive productivity gains along with cloud technology to share and collaborate on files. We have both clients and staff around the world so if you enjoy working in a fast based entrepreneurial environment then you are the person we are looking for.
Our team is only as strong as the culture it is built upon. Our core values are listed below.
If our core values resonate with you and have the skills and desire to get your teeth stuck into a real challenge then we would love to welcome you to the team.
LawVu was founded to bring greater honesty and integrity to the legal industry – so it makes sense that we ourselves, are good, honest people. We believe in staying humble, and realise that we all have a lot to learn, no matter who we are. We believe in acknowledging others and giving credit where it’s due. Find the “truth” Listen carefully Question intently Connect with empathy Be honest and transparent.
Challenge each other. Respectfully.
Back yourself. Back others.
At LawVu, we are inspired by ‘impossibilities’. To make the ‘impossible’ a reality, each and every one of us must think like a problem solver – erasing the word ‘can’t’ from our minds. There is always a way to overcome challenges and we won’t rest until we’ve found it. If we can’t find the right path, that’s when it’s time to build a new one. Trust in our individual expertise. Grab opportunities. Embrace challenges. Mistakes happen. Own them. Learn from them, spread the knowledge. Be truthful. Be helpful. Be kind. Celebrate your successes.
We are a tribe, we win as a team.
Move swiftly. Create simplicity.
To reach our full potential it is vital that every team member own their actions. To own your actions is to embrace responsibility, show leadership and take initiative. To ‘put our name on it’ is also to take pride in everything we do – from our results to our customer service and quality of solutions. Do the things that matter most. Be fluid and flexible If you can solve a problem, solve it now. Optimise the important.
Design for scalability.
Bring your whole self.
We are passionate about what we do and we work hard to deliver results. In saying that, we are serious about striking a healthy work/life balance. We know that our work improves as a result of feeling content both inside and out of the office and encourage the team to work the hours that suit their situation. We also believe flexibility and fresh thinking hold the key to future growth. It is up to each of us to champion new ideas and approach change with an open mind.
Bring your personality Bring your quirks. Bring your diversity. Bring your smile. Enjoy the adventure.