Intermediate Insights Analyst – Internal Insights
As an Insights Analyst at LawVu, you will be the first dedicated analyst for internal reporting. You will be responsible for helping LawVu teams to better understand our customers, including through data-driven attribution, board reports, and churn modelling. You’ll also help our product teams to A/B test new features, ensuring only the improvements make it to production.
Internally you will work as part of our Data and Analytics team, helping to provide better reporting for all of LawVu. Your day-to-day will involve working with internal teams to understand their needs and building reports in Tableau to help them better understand our customers. You’ll be comfortable sharing your findings with the wider business, both in written and verbal formats. You’ll also be capable of writing SQL queries to pull data from our various data sources into Tableau. You will occasionally get the opportunity to provide predictive analytics, such as using machine learning to predict customer behaviour.
This role is remote, we are happy to consider candidates who work from home or co-working spaces, anywhere in New Zealand. Candidates are also welcome to work in our Tauranga office.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to understand how you can help them better understand our customers.
- Build and maintain Tableau dashboards and workbooks that help tell the story of our customers at LawVu.
- Share the dashboards and workbooks with colleagues, and work with them so they confidently understand the content of the reports and how to use that information in practical ways.
- Work with the data engineers, software engineers and other insights analysts to ensure that you have the right information for internal reporting.
- Collaborate with colleagues to create standard definitions for how we report on our customers, with appropriate measures defined at all audience levels including from our sales teams to our board of directors.
- Set and manage expectations for reporting deliverables with internal teams and ensure they are well informed on your progress and the final outcomes.
- Provide predictive analytics such as using machine learning to predict customer behaviour.
Skills and Experience
- 2-3 years experience with reporting and analytics software such as Tableau or PowerBI
- Excellent SQL skills
- Prior experience with R/Python and other similar coding languages used for statistical analysis/forecasting/predictive analytics would be an advantage
- Prior experience with cloud data warehouse technology (e.g. Snowflake) would be an advantage
- Prior experience with Google Analytics would be an advantage
- Outstanding organisational skills and the ability to multitask
- Great written and verbal communication skills
About Lawvu & our Culture
LawVu is a modern software platform that is revolutionizing the way corporate legal teams manage legal and engage with the wider business. LawVu is creating a true legal operating system. We’re helping in-house legal teams to reduce risk while providing massive productivity gains along with cloud technology to share and collaborate on files. We have both clients and staff around the world so if you enjoy working in a fast based entrepreneurial environment then you are the person we are looking for.
Our team is only as strong as the culture it is built upon. Our core values are listed below.
If our core values resonate with you and have the skills and desire to get your teeth stuck into a real challenge then we would love to welcome you to the team.
LawVu was founded to bring greater honesty and integrity to the legal industry – so it makes sense that we ourselves, are good, honest people. We believe in staying humble, and realise that we all have a lot to learn, no matter who we are. We believe in acknowledging others and giving credit where it’s due. Find the “truth” Listen carefully Question intently Connect with empathy Be honest and transparent.
Challenge each other. Respectfully.
Back yourself. Back others.
At LawVu, we are inspired by ‘impossibilities’. To make the ‘impossible’ a reality, each and every one of us must think like a problem solver – erasing the word ‘can’t’ from our minds. There is always a way to overcome challenges and we won’t rest until we’ve found it. If we can’t find the right path, that’s when it’s time to build a new one. Trust in our individual expertise. Grab opportunities. Embrace challenges. Mistakes happen. Own them. Learn from them, spread the knowledge. Be truthful. Be helpful. Be kind. Celebrate your successes.
We are a tribe, we win as a team.
Move swiftly. Create simplicity.
To reach our full potential it is vital that every team member own their actions. To own your actions is to embrace responsibility, show leadership and take initiative. To ‘put our name on it’ is also to take pride in everything we do – from our results to our customer service and quality of solutions. Do the things that matter most. Be fluid and flexible If you can solve a problem, solve it now. Optimise the important.
Design for scalability.
Bring your whole self.
We are passionate about what we do and we work hard to deliver results. In saying that, we are serious about striking a healthy work/life balance. We know that our work improves as a result of feeling content both inside and out of the office and encourage the team to work the hours that suit their situation. We also believe flexibility and fresh thinking hold the key to future growth. It is up to each of us to champion new ideas and approach change with an open mind.
Bring your personality Bring your quirks. Bring your diversity. Bring your smile. Enjoy the adventure.