The Financial Controller is a key role within in the organisation and offers fantastic opportunity to grow, develop and progress in a growing Saas Company.
Based in Tauranga, you will be someone who works well independently and wants to be a true partner to the business.
You’ll have great variety of role that comes with working in growing companies. You will have the opportunity to put your stamp on the function, with complete ownership of the elements of the role so you really can make it your own.
- Consultation and advisory to CFO, dept heads and executive management
- Leading and managing the small finance team and partnering with all business units.
- Oversee Financial Reporting, produce monthly accounts, budgets and forecasts, preparing Board Packs and compiling reports for Investment Decks as required
- Develop, implement and maintain internal financial processes and controls
- Ensuring that all reporting is completed in accordance with IFRS
- Dealing with tax and compliance matters, or through external advisors if required
- Monitoring the company’s overall financial health
- Excellent presentation skills with ability to succinctly and demonstratively articulate findings/concepts.
- Excellent skills in MS Excel, Xero, and working knowledge of SaasOptics would be beneficial
- Experience working in a Saas (or similar early stage growth company) as a true business partner is preferred, either as Financial Controller or similar
- CA/CPA or similar qualification, strong experience with NZ IFRS
- Wants to be part of building something awesome, and work with great people
About Lawvu & our Culture
LawVu is a modern software platform that is revolutionizing the way corporate legal teams manage legal and engage with the wider business. LawVu is creating a true legal operating system. We’re helping in-house legal teams to reduce risk while providing massive productivity gains along with cloud technology to share and collaborate on files. We have both clients and staff around the world so if you enjoy working in a fast based entrepreneurial environment then you are the person we are looking for.
Our team is only as strong as the culture it is built upon. Our core values are listed below.
If our core values resonate with you and have the skills and desire to get your teeth stuck into a real challenge then we would love to welcome you to the team.
LawVu was founded to bring greater honesty and integrity to the legal industry – so it makes sense that we ourselves, are good, honest people. We believe in staying humble, and realise that we all have a lot to learn, no matter who we are. We believe in acknowledging others and giving credit where it’s due. Find the “truth” Listen carefully Question intently Connect with empathy Be honest and transparent.
Challenge each other. Respectfully.
Back yourself. Back others.
At LawVu, we are inspired by ‘impossibilities’. To make the ‘impossible’ a reality, each and every one of us must think like a problem solver – erasing the word ‘can’t’ from our minds. There is always a way to overcome challenges and we won’t rest until we’ve found it. If we can’t find the right path, that’s when it’s time to build a new one. Trust in our individual expertise. Grab opportunities. Embrace challenges. Mistakes happen. Own them. Learn from them, spread the knowledge. Be truthful. Be helpful. Be kind. Celebrate your successes.
We are a tribe, we win as a team.
Move swiftly. Create simplicity.
To reach our full potential it is vital that every team member own their actions. To own your actions is to embrace responsibility, show leadership and take initiative. To ‘put our name on it’ is also to take pride in everything we do – from our results to our customer service and quality of solutions. Do the things that matter most. Be fluid and flexible If you can solve a problem, solve it now. Optimise the important.
Design for scalability.
Bring your whole self.
We are passionate about what we do and we work hard to deliver results. In saying that, we are serious about striking a healthy work/life balance. We know that our work improves as a result of feeling content both inside and out of the office and encourage the team to work the hours that suit their situation. We also believe flexibility and fresh thinking hold the key to future growth. It is up to each of us to champion new ideas and approach change with an open mind.
Bring your personality Bring your quirks. Bring your diversity. Bring your smile. Enjoy the adventure.
Don’t see a role for you?
We’re always on the lookout for great talent, so even if we don’t have a role advertised, we’d still love to hear from you!