Director of Information Security
LawVu is transforming the legal industry by providing the world’s leading and most loved platform for in-house legal teams.
LawVu is a fast growing New Zealand software company with customers and employees around the globe, including in New Zealand, United States, Australia and Europe. Our legal workspace is a category creating software platform that is designed specifically for in-house legal teams. We’re backed by leading venture capital firms, including Insight Partners and Airtree Ventures.
LawVu is looking for a Director of Information Security to take ownership of and manage our information security management system (ISMS), which is certified to ISO27001 and is compliant with both SOC1 and 2, HIPAA and CJIS.
You will advocate for, lead on and be accountable for all aspects of information security to ensure that LawVu, it’s customers and staff are appropriately protected against information security threats, including theft, malicious damage and inappropriate exposure.
You will manage our external partnerships with independent auditors and pen testing companies and act as an internal advisor across all business operations to ensure our ongoing compliance and best practice.
You will assist in the pre-sales process to demonstrate our security posture to potential clients, as well as completing security assessments for both existing and new clients.
In this role you will report to and work closely with the Chief Operating Officer, VP Product and Head of Platform.
What you’ll do…
- Maintain our information security policies
- Coordinate organization wide risk assessments and treatment plans
- Communicate our policies through creation of training courses and periodic circulation of documentation for review
- Manage external relationships with independent auditors
- Complete information security assessments for new and existing clients
- Be the central point of contact for information security matters within the company and assist with incident response and reporting procedures
- Liaise with vendors, purchasing and legal areas to establish mutually acceptable information security contracts and service-level agreements suitable for deployment into LawVu’s environments
- Assist the legal team in reviewing client’s proposed terms and conditions as they relate to information security
- Assist in guiding the disaster recovery planning team in the selection of recovery strategies and the development, testing and maintenance of disaster recovery plans in support of both
- LawVu and customer requirements.
- Provide operational management oversight in the form of monthly reporting and quarterly management review meetings
What you’ll need…
- A passion for information security
- Extensive knowledge and experience of information security standards such as ISO27001, SOC1, SOC2, HIPAA
- Experience with endpoint device security e.g. antivirus, encryption, DLP
- Strong experience working with Azure based security tools and real time threat detection
- A good network of information security peers
- Comfort working in a fast paced, high growth global company
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral
NZ (ideally Tauranga, Auckland or Wellington)
What sets us apart:
- Monthly wellness allowance to use on whatever enables you to bring your whole self to work – gym membership, massage, childcare.. the list goes on!
- Health insurance cover
- Extended paid parental leave
- Extra paid day off on your birthday
- Share options so you can have a piece of the pie
- Home office allowance set up for remote employees
As a leader, you must be a great example of living our company values and working to develop a positive workplace culture. This may be your first leadership role, or you may have some experience.
Direct line management of a small team, including:
- Information Security Analyst
- IT Support
- Resource planning for the team
- Setting and monitoring of targets and personal development goals for team members
- Coach and support team members across multiple projects
- Work closely with the VP of People to develop and maintain a skills capability development framework to drive performance and succession planning as we continue to scale
- Leverage your experience to set a personal standard for excellence within the team and act as an Information Security advocate across the wider business
Sarah Webb (Chief Operating Officer)
About LawVu & our culture
LawVu is a modern software platform that is revolutionizing the way corporate legal teams manage legal and engage with the wider business. LawVu is creating a true legal operating system. We’re helping in-house legal teams to reduce risk while providing massive productivity gains along with cloud technology to share and collaborate on files. We have both clients and staff around the world so if you enjoy working in a fast based entrepreneurial environment then you are the person we are looking for.
Our team is only as strong as the culture it is built upon. Our core values are listed below.
If our core values resonate with you and have the skills and desire to get your teeth stuck into a real challenge then we would love to welcome you to the team.