Director of Information Security
LawVu is transforming the legal industry by providing the world’s leading and most loved platform for in-house legal teams.
Our aim is to make the lives of in-house legal teams and their business partners more productive and fulfilling. We are well on the way with some of the world’s leading global brands and best in-house legal teams already operating on Lawvu.
Growing super fast, LawVu is headquartered in sunny Tauranga, New Zealand with teams in Australia, the USA and Ireland. Our culture is strongly values aligned where we look for people to bring their whole selves and join a team doing the best work of their lives.
LawVu is looking for a Director of Information Security to take ownership of and manage our information security management system (ISMS), which is certified to ISO27001 and is compliant with both SOC1 and 2.
You will advocate for, lead on and be accountable for all aspects of information security to ensure that LawVu, it’s customers and staff are appropriately protected against information security threats, including theft, malicious damage and inappropriate exposure.
You will manage our external partnerships with independent auditors and pen testing companies and act as an internal advisor across all business operations to ensure our ongoing compliance and best practice.
You will assist in the pre-sales process to demonstrate our security posture to potential clients, as well as completing security assessments for both existing and new clients.
In this role you will work closely with the Chief of Operations and VP of Engineering.
What you’ll do…
- Maintain our information security policies
- Coordinate organisation wide risk assessments and treatment plans
- Communicate our policies through inductions, regular refresher training sessions and periodic circulation of documentation for review
- Manage external relationships with independent auditors
- Complete information security assessments for new and existing clients
- Be the central point of contact for information security matters within the company and assist with incident response and reporting procedures
- Liaise with vendors, purchasing and legal areas to establish mutually acceptable information security contracts and service-level agreements suitable for deployment into LawVu’s environments
- Assist the legal team in reviewing client’s proposed terms and conditions as they relate to information security
- Assist in guiding the disaster recovery planning team in the selection of recovery strategies and the development, testing and maintenance of disaster recovery plans in support of both LawVu and customer requirements.
- Provide operational management oversight in the form of monthly reporting and quarterly management review meetings
What you’ll bring…
- A passion for information security
- Extensive knowledge and experience of information security standards such as ISO27001, SOC1, SOC2, HIPPA
- Experience with endpoint device security e.g. antivirus, encryption, DLP
- Strong experience working with Azure based security tools and real time threat detection
- A good network of information security peers
- Comfort working in a fast paced, high growth global company
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral
Preferred location is Tauranga, but other New Zealand locations will be considered for the right person
- There are no direct reports at this time
At Lawvu we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer the opportunity to get onboard a growth company early and the opportunity to participate in LawVu’s success through our incentive scheme. LawVu has rapidly expanding offices and our work environment encourages continuous improvement and future career development.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables us to better understand and serve customers and innovate successfully. From the moment you join, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
About Lawvu & our Culture
LawVu is a modern software platform that is revolutionizing the way corporate legal teams manage legal and engage with the wider business. LawVu is creating a true legal operating system. We’re helping in-house legal teams to reduce risk while providing massive productivity gains along with cloud technology to share and collaborate on files. We have both clients and staff around the world so if you enjoy working in a fast based entrepreneurial environment then you are the person we are looking for.
Our team is only as strong as the culture it is built upon. Our core values are listed below.
If our core values resonate with you and have the skills and desire to get your teeth stuck into a real challenge then we would love to welcome you to the team.
LawVu was founded to bring greater honesty and integrity to the legal industry – so it makes sense that we ourselves, are good, honest people. We believe in staying humble, and realise that we all have a lot to learn, no matter who we are. We believe in acknowledging others and giving credit where it’s due. Find the “truth” Listen carefully Question intently Connect with empathy Be honest and transparent.
Challenge each other. Respectfully.
Back yourself. Back others.
At LawVu, we are inspired by ‘impossibilities’. To make the ‘impossible’ a reality, each and every one of us must think like a problem solver – erasing the word ‘can’t’ from our minds. There is always a way to overcome challenges and we won’t rest until we’ve found it. If we can’t find the right path, that’s when it’s time to build a new one. Trust in our individual expertise. Grab opportunities. Embrace challenges. Mistakes happen. Own them. Learn from them, spread the knowledge. Be truthful. Be helpful. Be kind. Celebrate your successes.
We are a tribe, we win as a team.
Move swiftly. Create simplicity.
To reach our full potential it is vital that every team member own their actions. To own your actions is to embrace responsibility, show leadership and take initiative. To ‘put our name on it’ is also to take pride in everything we do – from our results to our customer service and quality of solutions. Do the things that matter most. Be fluid and flexible If you can solve a problem, solve it now. Optimise the important.
Design for scalability.
Bring your whole self.
We are passionate about what we do and we work hard to deliver results. In saying that, we are serious about striking a healthy work/life balance. We know that our work improves as a result of feeling content both inside and out of the office and encourage the team to work the hours that suit their situation. We also believe flexibility and fresh thinking hold the key to future growth. It is up to each of us to champion new ideas and approach change with an open mind.
Bring your personality Bring your quirks. Bring your diversity. Bring your smile. Enjoy the adventure.
Don’t see a role for you?
We’re always on the lookout for great talent, so even if we don’t have a role advertised, we’d still love to hear from you!