LawVu is transforming the legal industry by providing the world’s leading and most loved platform for in-house legal teams.
Our aim is to make the lives of in-house legal teams and their business partners more productive and fulfilling. We are well on the way with some of the world’s leading global brands and best in-house legal teams already operating on LawVu.
Growing super fast, LawVu is headquartered in Tauranga, New Zealand with teams in Australia, USA, Ireland, Philippines, UK and the EU. Our culture is strongly values aligned where we look for people to bring their whole selves and join a team doing the best work of their lives.
We have offices in Tauranga and Wellington however, this role can be done remote from anywhere in New Zealand.
What you’ll do..
As a Data Engineer at LawVu, you will be a key member of our expanding team, working to enable and build on our core data and analytics capability. You will be a technical data specialist applying software engineering best practices to the production and maintenance of our cloud based modern data platform.
This is a position requiring an innovative problem solving approach to designing and building creative data solutions that provide valuable insights, drive performance and lead to the delivery of our strategic objectives. Your work will include the development and enhancement of our data platform with the aim of inspiring positive change for both our internal and external customers.
Internally you will be part of a team that works directly with key stakeholders from our product, customer success, and sales teams to ensure the delivery of a first class data and analytics platform.
- Design and development of a cloud based modern data platform with metadata driven approaches
- Utilisation of extraction, loading and transformation (ELT) best practices and principles
- Creation and maintenance of testing and documentation artifacts
- Development and maintenance of automated system monitoring for critical components of the data platform to ensure we maintain our high SLA’s
- Bring in new tools/technologies as necessary to make our systems more efficient and cost effective
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years experience in data architecture and engineering roles
- Strong SQL skills and experience
- Experience with Azure and Python would be an advantage
- Outstanding organisational skills and the ability to multitask
- Outstanding listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
What sets us apart:
- Monthly wellness allowance to use on whatever enables you to bring your whole self to work – gym membership, massage, childcare.. the list goes on!
- Health insurance cover
- Extended paid parental leave
- Extra paid day off on your birthday
- Share options so you can have a piece of the pie
- Home office allowance set up for remote employees
About LawVu & our culture
LawVu is a modern software platform that is revolutionizing the way corporate legal teams manage legal and engage with the wider business. LawVu is creating a true legal operating system. We’re helping in-house legal teams to reduce risk while providing massive productivity gains along with cloud technology to share and collaborate on files. We have both clients and staff around the world so if you enjoy working in a fast based entrepreneurial environment then you are the person we are looking for.
Our team is only as strong as the culture it is built upon. Our core values are listed below.
If our core values resonate with you and have the skills and desire to get your teeth stuck into a real challenge then we would love to welcome you to the team.