Accounts Payable Specialist
LawVu is a fast growing New Zealand software company with customers and employees spread across New Zealand, United States, Australia and the UK. Its legal workspace is a category creating and revolutionary software platform for in-house lawyers, supporting an impressive list of global clients. LawVu is transforming the legal industry by providing the world’s leading and most loved platform for in-house legal teams.
We are building a world class financial operations function from the ground up to support LawVu as it rapidly scales globally. We are looking for a versatile person to join our small but growing team, own the AP function and support the Accounting Manager and Financial Controller with many other tasks/projects. This role will grow and there is scope for career progression.
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, ever-changing, shared services environment?
Are you process driven and forward-thinking & like to add value through team collaboration?
Do you get satisfaction through finding creative solutions to issues?
- Own the multi-entity AP function:
- Drive AP process improvement/management
- Managing the new supplier setup process and overseeing the administration of suppliers & supplier contracts
- AP inbox management, proactively communicating with suppliers/creditors regarding:
- creditor reconciliations, investigating discrepancies; and
- responding to and resolving supplier queries, escalating where necessary
- Building relationships within the business to ensure invoices/approvals are received in a timely manner for AP processing
- Processing payments across multiple currencies and banking systems
- Monitoring critical supplier accounts to ensure service continuity
- Daily bank reconciliations, providing treasury alerts, and maintaining the integrity of accounting data
- GST return preparation
- Assisting external audit/diligence teams as required
Other Key Tasks
- Fixed asset management
- Payroll assistance (AU)
- Special Projects:
- Implementation of new AP software and policies
- Work with CFO & Accounting Manager to set up finance systems, processes and policies to add efficiency and support the growth of the business
- Other Projects as needed (which there will be many)
- Minimum 3 years + of experience in the end to end accounts payable process
- Knowledge of accounting fundamentals and GST rules in New Zealand (Australian GST/ UK VAT knowledge a plus)
- Proactive and driven with impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work with a worldwide, largely remote team
- Ability to demonstrate discretion as you will have visibility to sensitive information
- Excellent customer service skills to be able to communicate effectively both written and verbally (internal and external customers)
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines while maintaining performance during pressure periods such as month-end is key
- Tech savvy (ability to learn new systems thoroughly and quickly). Previous experience with current systems is preferred but not essential:
What sets us a part:
- Monthly wellness allowance to use on whatever enables you to bring your whole self to work – gym membership, massage, childcare.. the list goes on!
- Health insurance cover
- Extended paid parental leave
- Extra paid day off on your birthday
- Share options so you can have a piece of the pie
- Home office allowance set up for remote employees
- Flexible working
- Learning and development opportunities
- Autonomous, high trust work environment
At LawVu we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life, and your passions. We offer the opportunity to get onboard a growth company early and the opportunity to participate in LawVu’s success through our incentive scheme. LawVu has rapidly expanding offices and our work environment encourages continuous improvement and future career development.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables us to better understand and serve customers and innovate successfully. From the moment you join, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
Our team is only as strong as the culture it is built upon. Our core values are:
About LawVu & our culture
LawVu is a modern software platform that is revolutionizing the way corporate legal teams manage legal and engage with the wider business. LawVu is creating a true legal operating system. We’re helping in-house legal teams to reduce risk while providing massive productivity gains along with cloud technology to share and collaborate on files. We have both clients and staff around the world so if you enjoy working in a fast based entrepreneurial environment then you are the person we are looking for.
Our team is only as strong as the culture it is built upon. Our core values are listed below.
If our core values resonate with you and have the skills and desire to get your teeth stuck into a real challenge then we would love to welcome you to the team.
LawVu was founded to bring greater honesty and integrity to the legal industry – so it makes sense that we ourselves, are good, honest people. We believe in staying humble, and realise that we all have a lot to learn, no matter who we are. We believe in acknowledging others and giving credit where it’s due. Find the “truth” Listen carefully Question intently Connect with empathy Be honest and transparent.
Challenge each other. Respectfully.
Back yourself. Back others.
At LawVu, we are inspired by ‘impossibilities’. To make the ‘impossible’ a reality, each and every one of us must think like a problem solver – erasing the word ‘can’t’ from our minds. There is always a way to overcome challenges and we won’t rest until we’ve found it. If we can’t find the right path, that’s when it’s time to build a new one. Trust in our individual expertise. Grab opportunities. Embrace challenges. Mistakes happen. Own them. Learn from them, spread the knowledge. Be truthful. Be helpful. Be kind. Celebrate your successes.
We are a tribe, we win as a team.
Move swiftly. Create simplicity.
To reach our full potential it is vital that every team member own their actions. To own your actions is to embrace responsibility, show leadership and take initiative. To ‘put our name on it’ is also to take pride in everything we do – from our results to our customer service and quality of solutions. Do the things that matter most. Be fluid and flexible If you can solve a problem, solve it now. Optimise the important.
Design for scalability.
Bring your whole self.
We are passionate about what we do and we work hard to deliver results. In saying that, we are serious about striking a healthy work/life balance. We know that our work improves as a result of feeling content both inside and out of the office and encourage the team to work the hours that suit their situation. We also believe flexibility and fresh thinking hold the key to future growth. It is up to each of us to champion new ideas and approach change with an open mind.
Bring your personality Bring your quirks. Bring your diversity. Bring your smile. Enjoy the adventure.